Building Inspector's On-Line Services
Notice: The system is unavailable Sundays from 3:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
We are pleased to announce that by utilizing the Building Inspector's On-line Services site you can now view your building permit information online, including plan review status and inspection results! Additionally, you can schedule inspections online. You can now access your building permit information anytime, day or night.
What is my Permit Number? Your permit number is assigned during the application process and can be found on the paperwork you receive.
What is available?
- Application Information - View general information such as the name of the contractor, application status, and property owner.
- Permit Status - View all applicable permits associated with this application and their status.
- Inspection Status - View the inspection status for applicable permits associated with this application and their status.
- Inspection Scheduling - Inspections may be scheduled, canceled, and rescheduled. All requests must be submitted prior to 9:00 a.m. the day of the inspection. See instructions below.
- Plan Tracking Status - View the status of the review steps associated with your application. Select the underlined choices under Agency Description to view agency comments related to your application.
- Application Fees - View all applicable fees for an application.
Questions or comments? Use the Email Us option from the menu on the left of the screen to contact the Building Inspector's Staff.
Instructions for Scheduling/Cancelling an Inspection
The Hanover County Building Inspector's Office is pleased to offer Online Inspection Scheduling. You will need the following information to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number - located on the first line of the permit.
- Pin number - located on the second line of the permit.
- Type of inspection to be scheduled - located on the second page of the permit.
All inspection requests will be reviewed for accuracy and proper inspection sequence. Should a request be incorrect or out of sequence the request will be canceled.
For further information concerning Online Inspection Scheduling please contact our office at (804) 365-6040.